I really enjoyed a nice visit to De Munden's new art studio today near Hermitage. She's a fantastic plein air painter, and I love to watch her work. It was also great to visit with art friends Diane Moore, Peggy Sibley and Cheryl Coen. We discussed life, loves and the art market. We're all hoping to get together in April to paint and capture the dogwood trees blooming in Dogwood Canyon. We're also looking forward to the up and coming Plein Air Paint Out in October at Big Cedar Lodge. It will be so wonderful to see and get to know all the artist that will come for the Paint Out. Visiting with all the guests from around the world is another plus. Praying for more beautiful Fall weather for the event. Jeanie Morris and her staff thought of every little detail to make the 1st annual event an unforgettable experience. I'm sure it will be even better this year.

Watching the girls paint today gave me a little kick to get back in my studio and get busy. I may have to get my pastels out and give my oils a rest. I do enjoy them, just more of a hassle to get them framed. But like a friend said, if you know that something is working, and people like it and want it......."Go with it! Duh...You'd think that would sink in....ha. Enough gossip for now. I'll upload a photo of De at her workstation. Suz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blackjack Plein Air