It
was such a long Winter I couldn't wait to get out of the house and get together with some art friends. Four of us piled into De Munden's van and headed South. De, myself, Cheryl Coen, and Diane Moore. The weather was looking pretty bad. Cold, windy and dreary. We took a chance and hoped the weatherman was right about it clearing and warming as the day went along. We were all bundled up with sweatshirts, jackets, ear muffs and gloves, and the Lord treated us with sunshine, and blue skies. It didn't take long before we were stripping off the layers of Winter clothes and putting on the sun visors. What a pretty site to paint. I had never been to Dogwood Canyon before, located just off 86 hwy, just a little South and West of Branson, MO. It's a lovely place to hike, walk, bike or ride the tour wagon on their paved path. There is a small fee, which I'm sure helps to keep the park in tip top shape. A nice little visitors center is at the entrance, with a snack bar and restrooms. It was hard to decide which waterfall to paint or which bridge. I got a pretty good start on a painting of a fall located about a mile and a third down the trail, before the light changed too much. Now I just have to find time to get it finished. With Easter coming up, and all the family coming here for dinner, it probably won't get touched until after that.

It was nice to meet some of the other hikers, and bikers at the park. Thank-you to those who stopped and made nice comments. That always makes me feel good about what I'm doing.

I was bummed last week when I didn't get my painting "Poetry in Motion", into the show at Waverly House Gifts and Gallery. Parts of the painting were just too wet. I'd hoped it would dry well while I was in San Diego for a week, but it wasn't dry enough. It's my own fault for procrastinating, and I just love to pile on the paint, ya know. Eunice, the gallery owner, may take it in after the show and it is completely dry.

I'll load a couple photos, and will try to post more often. Until then, enjoy the Spring. Susan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blackjack Plein Air