I had a great 2 day portrait workshop with artist Adam Clague last Friday and Saturday.    I kind of blew the first attempt, but the second day went better.    After touching it up at home from a photo reference I'm pretty happy with it.    I placed it in a frame to see how it looked and  "Wow", it really popped.    The model is reported to really like it......hoping she might want to take it home.   Here it is in this mahogany colored frame.   It might be better in a darker brown color.  

 Now I'm on to a PaintOut on Saturday at Marceline, MO, which was a childhood home of  "Walt Disney" himself.   It should be a great day to be out and to meet some new artists from that area of the state.   And of course, I can always hope to sell a painting while there.    

"Cheri", 11"x 14", Oil, painted from life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blackjack Plein Air