Here it is officially "Fall".   It's been a fantastic Summer, but can't believe it is over.    Fall is wonderful here.........but I'm already dreading "Winter", as I know it's not far behind.........So my art friend Cheryl Coen and myself have been out to paint on location every chance we get.   This is the one I did last Monday, Sept. 21st.    This school is in the Pioneer village, at the Harry S. Truman Dam, Visitor Center, Warsaw, Missouri.   I painted it with a palette knife.    I never knew this place existed until Cheryl took me by there on our way home from Marceline, Missouri Paint out.     The Heritage Assoc. are having their 35th Anniversary celebration, for Pioneer Heritage Days, Oct. 17th & 18th.     It's going to be a living history event, with lots of reenactments and period dressed folks.  (I could get into this.!)........  Cheryl and I hope to at least get some good reference photos.....might be a little busy and crowded for painting on location.     We shall see.........I may sneak in some paints and a brush.....
"Old Concord School", 8"x 10", Original Oil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blackjack Plein Air